Thanks to generous contributors, the Highline Schools Foundation is proud to offer many different types of scholarships with awards up to $30,000 — and only one application to complete!
Scholarships are made possible by gifts made to the Foundation, both through individual gifts and endowed funds providing long-term scholarship support. Nearly all of our scholarships are needs-based, and applications are screened based on the Washington State DSHS Median Income Chart. All scholarships are paid directly to the student’s educational institution and may be used for tuition, on-campus housing, books, and fees.
Announcing our 2022 Scholarship Awards
Last Thursday, we held our first in-person scholarship reception since 2019, awarding scholarships to 22 graduating seniors from Highline Public Schools, totalling $204,000 in awards. We thank all of our scholarship donors and funders, for allowing us to help support these incredible students as they continue their education. Read on to learn more about our scholarship winners.
2022 Scholarship Recipients
- Alyssa Joanis, Highline Big Picture High School – Burien Arts Association Scholarship
- Christina Tran, Evergreen High School – Charles M. Garrity Scholarship
- Clara Oliverson, Mount Rainier High School – Nature Stewards Scholarship
- Daniel Tadesse, Mount Rainier High School – 13th Year Scholarship
- Dariana Cabrera, Evergreen High School – STIA Scholarship
- Eriberto Saavedra Felix, Tyee High School – 13th Year Scholarship
- Jenny Nguyen, Evergreen High School – 13th Year Scholarship
- Juliana Hernandez-Ramirez, Evergreen High School – Anne Gregory Memorial Scholarship
- Karyme Hernandez Romero, Evergreen High School – Alaska Airlines Scholarship
- Katelyn Doan, Raisbeck Aviation High School – STIA Scholarship
- Katie Brandon, Mount Rainier High School – 13th Year Scholarship
- Leslie Baltazar-Leon, Evergreen High School – Pay It Forward Scholarship
- Lia Muñoz, Evergreen High School – Carrell Family Scholarship
- Mahmadkaif Ghanchi, Raisbeck Aviation High School – Alaska Airlines Scholarship
- Marilyn Bertrand, Highline High School – Catherine Foss Scholarship
- Mason Crook, Mount Rainier High School – Charles M. Garrity Scholarship
- Melat Zeyne, Mount Rainier High School – STIA Scholarship
- Princess Tracy Nestor, Evergreen High School – Catherine Foss Scholarship
- Samuel Deressa, Tyee High School – Alaska Airlines Scholarship
- Sofia Gallegos-Burciago, Evergreen High School – Highline Schools Foundation Scholarship
- Tony Nguyen, Raisbeck Aviation High School – Alaska Airlines Scholarship
- Tre’nesia Mcclendon, Evergreen High School – Pay It Forward Scholarship
13th Year Scholarship
This scholarship supports students who might otherwise be unable to continue their education beyond high school. Four (4) $5,000 scholarships will be awarded.
Alaska Airlines Scholarship and Alaska Airlines Raisbeck Aviation Scholarship
This scholarship, funded by Alaska Airlines, offers four (4) awards of $5,000 to two graduates of any Highline Public Schools’ high school and to two students graduating from Raisbeck Aviation High School in 2022.
Anne Gregory Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support Evergreen High School graduates who have mitigating financial circumstances that limit their access to financial resources. This could include immigration or residency status. The scholarship was set up in memory of former Evergreen teacher Anne Gregory. This scholarship is $2,000 for the first year of college.
Burien Arts Council Scholarship
This scholarship is for a Highline Public Schools graduate who will pursue a visual arts degree at an accredited arts organization or four-year college/university.
Carrell Family Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support an Evergreen High School graduates. The scholarship is $1,500 per year and is renewable for up to four years with a 2.5 GPA.
Catherine Foss Scholarship
New in 2022! This scholarship provides $5,000 annually for up to four years (if a minimum 2.5 GPA is maintained) to a Highline Public Schools student attending an accredited college or trade school. Two scholarships will be awarded in 2022.
CM Garrity Scholarship
This scholarship provides $7,500 annually for four years (if a minimum 2.5 GPA is maintained) to a student attending a 4-year university, for a total award of $30,000. Two scholarships will be awarded.
Nature Stewards Environmental Science Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support a graduate of any Highline high school who is looking to study environmental science in their post-secondary studies. The scholarship is $1,000 for the first year of college.
Pay It Forward Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes graduates from Evergreen High School. Up to three (3) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
Seattle Tacoma International Airport Scholarship
This is the Foundation’s longest running scholarship, funded through the SEA Golf Tournament held each July. Three scholarships will be awarded to students motivated to pursue a STEM education. Two scholarships are for $10,000 each; one is for $5,000; all are renewable for a second year if minimum GPA of 2.5 is achieved.