Thanks to generous contributors, Highline Schools Foundation is proud to offer many different types of scholarships with awards up to $24,000—and only one application to complete! Scholarships are open to all graduating seniors who are enrolled full-time in a Highline Public School.
The following documents may be attached to your application or sent separately:
- High School Transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Transcripts attached to emails from your school office or counselor are acceptable. Pictures of your transcript will not be accepted.
- Recommendation Form. One (1) Recommendation Form should be completed by an adult (not a relative) who has had a significant role in interacting with you in your academic, extracurricular, community service, or leadership activities. Teachers, school counselors, and coaches are great options.
Where/how to submit additional paperwork:
It is preferred that all paperwork for your scholarship application is uploaded into the system. However, if you do not have access to resources to do this, you may submit via one of three other options:
- District mail: Highline Schools Foundation, Central Office, ATTN: Highline Schools Foundation Scholarship Committee
- Snail Mail: Highline Schools Foundation, ATTN: Scholarship Committee, 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien WA 98166
- Email: email@example.com
- Students must graduate from any high school within Highline Public Schools, by 6/30/21
- Students should live within the boundaries of Highline Public Schools or those who live outside the district but attend a Highline School through the McKinney Vento (The only exception to this is students attending Raisbeck Aviation High School that live outside of Highline Public Schools. Preference will be given to Raisbeck students who live within the boundaries of Highline Public Schools.)
- To receive a scholarship, students must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university, enrolled in college level classes and continue to attend college full-time to receive awarded scholarship money
- For scholarships paid out over multiple years, students agree to continue to be enrolled full-time, keep a GPA of 2.5, and submit transcripts annually to the Highline Schools Foundation Scholarship Committee.
General Scholarship Info
- Preference will be given to those recipients who have not received a substantial scholarship or scholarships from other entities. It is the goal of the Foundation to support those students who would not be able to attend college without our scholarship support.
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the college and may be used for qualified higher education expenses including tuition, student fees, books, room and board, and supplies or equipment required for enrollment. Scholarship funds will never be sent directly to students.
- The Highline Schools Foundation will not pay scholarship money to schools outside the United States.
- Students may defer their scholarship for one year if they find that they are over-funded or if they have to delay the start of college. However, if scholarship funds are not used by the fall one year after high school graduation, the scholarship will be re-awarded to another student.
Scholarships to be Awarded in 2021
- Anne Gregory Memorial Scholarship – NEW FOR 2021 – this scholarship was created to support Evergreen High School graduates who have mitigating financial circumstances that limit their access to financial resources. This could include immigration or residency status. The scholarship was set up in memory of former Evergreen teacher Anne Gregory. This scholarship is $2,000 for the first year of college.
- Carroll Family Scholarship – NEW FOR 2021 – this scholarship was created to support an Evergreen High School graduates. The scholarship is $1,500 per year and is renewable for up to four years with a 2.5 GPA.
- Nature Stewards Environmental Science Scholarship – NEW FOR 2021 – this scholarship was created to support a graduate of any Highline high school who is looking at studying environmental science in their post-secondary studies. The scholarship is $1,000 for the first year of college.
- CM Garrity Scholarship – this scholarship provides $6,000 annually for four years (if the 2.5 GPA) to a student attending a 4-year university. Two scholarships will be awarded.
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport (STIA) Scholarship – this is the Foundation’s longest running scholarship, funded through the STIA Golf Tournament held each July. Four scholarships will be awarded to students motivated to pursue a STEM education.
- 13th Year Scholarship – this scholarship supports students who might otherwise be unable to continue their education beyond high school. Four (4) $5,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Severson Leadership Scholarship – this scholarship was created to honor a former Evergreen High School counselor. It will be awarded to a student from Evergreen who demonstrated strong leadership. One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded and will be renewable for 4 years if the student maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- Pay it Forward Scholarship – this scholarship recognizes graduates from Evergreen High School. Up to three (3) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Harriette Fredenburg Memorial Scholarship – this scholarship will be awarded to an Evergreen High School student who plans to study mathematics or education. One (1) scholarship will be awarded.