Working closely with the Highline Schools Foundation Board of Trustees, the Executive Director sets the strategic direction for the organization, oversees all programs and staff, and generates support for its growth. The Executive Director leads the development and implementation of all Foundation goals, strategies, fund development, and serves as the point of contact of all Foundation programs and initiatives. This role includes a major emphasis on fundraising activities, including four annual fundraising events. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Trustees and collaborate with the board to meet the annual budgetary and program goals. The Executive Director will serve as the Foundation representative, promoting its mission amongst all stakeholders within the community, Highline Public Schools, local government, the non-profit community, corporate partners, and beyond.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with Board of Trustees to design and implement a strategic plan every three years and annual operational plans.
- Drive continued progress on strategic initiatives to increase the resources and programs of the Foundation.
Revenue Strategy and Fundraising:
- Develop an annual fundraising plan to meet budgeted needs.
- Cultivate relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations and actively solicit their support for HSF.
Program Management and Expansion:
- Implement Foundation programs within established timelines and budgets.
- Work closely with Highline Public Schools to identify needs for program expansion and develop a plan to meet those needs.
Revenue Strategy and Fundraising:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and diverse fund development strategy to sustain and grow the revenue of HSF.
- Oversee all aspects of Foundation fundraising activities including events, planned giving, annual giving, employee giving, corporate partnerships and other opportunities as identified.
- Research and identify grant opportunities that align with core funding priorities and programs. Serve as the lead grant writer on all applications.
- Provide leadership to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Supervise Events and Communication Coordinator, providing direction and support for their goals, strategies and progress throughout the year.
- Provide leadership and support for the four annual fundraising events: corporate breakfast, golf tournament, 5K run, and dinner/auction.
- Report development activities to the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the donor database (DonorPerfect) including data management and gift processing, donor gratitude and stewardship.
Team Management and Board Leadership:
- Recruit, develop, motivate and retain a strong team by supporting a positive workplace culture. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and that human resource practices are in place.
- Motivate and inspire the Board of Trustees to grow the culture of philanthropy among the board and the community.
- Build relationships throughout the Highline Public School community to support HSF’s program and fundraising goals.
- Building relationships with community leaders in Burien, SeaTac, Des Moines, White Center, and Normandy Park to support HSF’s program and fundraising goals.
Fiscal and Administrative Oversight
- Report regularly to the Board of Trustees to facilitate timely, informed decision-making by the Board.
- Work closely with the Board President and Executive Committee to lead all Foundation Board of Trustee meetings.
- Provide sound fiscal and administrative management and oversight of the organization to ensure its healthy functioning.
- In partnership with the Business Manager, develop an annual budget including revenue and expense projections.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.